Thursday 11 February 2010

Thank you Sophie!


So it was my 22nd birthday at the weekend, or as I like to say 21 and a year! With it came a night to the theatre, a girlie night out on the town and a lovely meal with the family. Its fair to say I was a little spoilt this year, receiving nice presents from my family and friends. But today I got a surprise present, Sophie brought me in some homemade cakes (which are absolutely delicious!).

Now don't get me wrong I do like the odd expensive present but what I really liked about Sophie's gift (apart from the fact they are gooey and chocolatey) is that she took time out of her day to make them for me. I think it can be really easy to nip to the shop for a bottle of wine (which I wouldn't be disappointed with) but its nice to know that a time, effort and thought went into this homemade treat. Thanks again!

I will have to get improving my baking skills in time for Sophie's next birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment