Tuesday 16 February 2010

Assignement 2D


For Activity 2D I had to choose one of the stories from activity 2C. I decided to go with Elaine's story: The woman in the photograph has booked in the hotel for her honeymoon, as she is currently engaged to be married.

I chose this story as I was getting a similar response from other people I asked, and I thought it would be easy to get everyone to come up with the same story by adding an image of a wedding cake. I was wrong! Here are the stories some of my neighbours came up with:

  • Kirsty, 19, Geography Student: A woman has got engaged and is planning her wedding and where to go on honeymoon
  • Cheryl, 18, Primary Education Student: A lady goes away on vacation and ends up at a hotel where there is a big wedding.
  • Hanan, 20, Dentistry Student: A girl goes to Las Vegas to escape her daily routine. She stays in the best hotel, it is there she bumps into the man of her dreams. They go on to get married.
  • Gillian, 18, Geography Student: A girl says yes to marrying a man she doesn't want to. They decide a venue, cake, etc. On the big day she receives something old (necklace). Decides she doesn't want to marry the man and packs her things and leaves.
  • Kirsty, 19, Primary Teaching Student: Bride arrives at hotel with suitcase. She walks past her cake as its brought to hotel. Her mum gives her a gift; on opening it the girl smiles. It's her mums own wedding necklace.
  • Amy, 18, Medicine Student: Lady packs her bag to go on holiday to New York. She goes sight seeing and meets the man of her dreams. They get married and eat a lot of cake!
  • Nicole, 18, Psychology Student: A lady was having her wedding abroad and this is before she cut her cake.
Even though all the people asked to take part in this experiment mentioned marriage and being in a hotel none of them came up with the exact story that I chose to investigate. On reflection I may have chose the wrong image to add to my random selection of photos. Unfortunately due to time restrictions I was unable to add a fourth or fifth image. However I think doing so would probably take the viewers further away from the target story.

No comments:

Post a Comment