Tuesday 5 January 2010

Good old fashioned games


I feel that I have slightly neglected my blogging duties over the past few weeks, so I thought I should make a small entry! I have to say this christmas had to be one of the best yet. Usually my older relatives come round on christmas day and they usually provide boring conversation on the weather, or who they know thats just died! So this year me and my sister decided to mix things up a bit! and made the family play some games. Instead of opting for a games console we decided to play some good old fashioned ones such as cards, bingo, beetle drive and charades. They proved a great success, and it was a good way to get all the generations involved. When I went up to my boyfriends house that night, these types of games continued; some more bingo (which I won!) and even a christmas quiz. Again everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves, even though his grandad really couldn't get his head around the idea of the post it game.


I think it just goes to show that with all the technology available and the latest fancy board games available at your local Argos, you need nothing more than some paper and a pen to have a good old time!

No comments:

Post a Comment