Saturday 20 March 2010

Assignment 4A


For assignment 4 I decided to look into 'How do magazines influence people's ideas of taste and design?' The handbook suggested a brainstorming session or to produce a mind map relating to your chosen topic. I found that this did help and probably gave me more questions than I would have managed to come up with had I just written a list.

From the brainstorming session I came up with around 20 questions which I would ask my willing participants. I was aware that depending on some answers I would be able to ask more questions and gain more information on the subject. Below is the list of questions I asked:

  • Could you describe an item you bought recently?
  • Partner bought recently?
  • Partner bought you?
  • Does anyone buy clothes for you?
  • Does anyone advise you when out shopping?
  • Are you planning any major purchases soon?
  • What TV programs do you watch?
  • What magazines/ newspapers do you read?
  • Why do you purchase these?
  • What are the main topics that interest you?
  • What are your favourite websites?
  • where do you learn what is the latest fashion trend?
  • Where do you find out about the latest music/films?
  • Where/ How do you learn about skin care/ beauty products/ hair care?
  • Where did your influence for home decor come from?
  • Do you think people are influenced by the media?
  • What ways are people effected?Have you ever seen/read health awareness stories that have changed your thinking in regards to this topic?
  • How often do you purchase magazines?

No comments:

Post a Comment