Wednesday 18 November 2009

Ode To Ms T


Social networking sites are growing fast, with millions of people logging on every minute of the day. However I have never been a fan of these sites and I am probably the only person I know that doesn't have bebo or facebook. All my friends use these websites to contact one and other, post photographs (a bit like the one above) and lets be honest to have a good nose at what other people are up to. But I have never felt the need to join up and share my life with hundreds of people, some of whom I don't know.

Lately there has been a great emphasis placed on social networking and making contacts. Setting up my blog was my first venture into the social networking world. Even though my account has been up and running for a couple of months there are still times I find sitting down and writing a blog very hard. What I do enjoy though, is viewing other peoples blogs, finding out their opinions and views on subjects.

I think that making contacts and having a voice is very important especially for future work and career development. However today I had a visit from a good friend who now stays in London (she's the one thats looking slightly less stupid in the left hand side of the pic!). Even though I speak to her on the phone every few weeks I wonder am I missing out on small pieces of information that she would post online but not bother to mention in a call? Are there pictures of nights out that I haven't seen and will never hear about? I moaned in an earlier post that no one send letters anymore and that email is taking over. I do wonder though, would it be better to receive an email or a quick message on bebo than nothing at all? I suppose that if I did one day take the plunge and sign up that it would give me not only the opportunity to make new connections but stay in touch with the ones I already have!


No comments:

Post a Comment