Monday 30 November 2009

Dragons Den


I have just completed my Dragons Den style presentation where I had to present my innovative new food packaging to a panel of 'dragons' as well as the entire class. If this wasn't scary enough it took place in a lecture theatre, and those talking had to stand at the front with all eyes on them. I had visions of falling on my face or spluttering words throughout the entire presentation but I am pleased to say all went well.

I think that it was a good opportunity to see the classes work and their lines of thinking behind their final pieces. And for many of us it was the first time we had seen each others concepts. We were asked questions and given constructive criticism, which should help us with future projects. Since art is so subjective their will always be some degree of differing opinion but I think everyone produced exciting new products.

For me exercises like this are pretty frightening and I won't be rushing to do another one, but I do think that it may be good to occasionally get the class together and discuss our ideas and concepts. It could provide valuable opinions and lead to a more effective end solution. Do you feel the same? Or do you think that this would be a waste of time that could be better spent completing your work?


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you are coming from, I thought it was a bit nerve racking to say the least as it was the first presentation that we have done in a while and I felt it was different from other presentations we have done in the past so felt that even when I was talking that I had to change the way I present my work in a different manner

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought u did reaally well at the whloe dragons den thing if i didnt no better id say that u were pitching for real lol

    ReplyDelete