Friday 27 November 2009

Books and Film


Last night I went to see New Moon, The Twilight Saga and I hate to admit it, but it didn't live up to all the hype. Don't get me wrong their was plenty of male torso on show which would have pleased most of the audience but it just didn't live up to my expectations (the film that is, not the half naked men!). I have read all the books by Stephenie Meyer and loved them all. Could this be the reason why I didn't enjoy the film? Can you ever get the same suspense you get from a film as you can from reading a book?

Is your opinion on a film determined on whether you have read the book prior to it? For instance when I watched P.S I Love You I was constantly moaning about things that were different from the book. Do we have preconceived ideas about how the film should be if we have read the book previously?


Does it work the other way round to? After going to see My Sisters Keeper I decided to read the book as I thought it was a very good film. However I was disappointed with the ending of the novel, as it differed from the film. Is this just me being to fussy or do you feel differently about films depending on whether you have read the books?


1 comment: