Thursday 1 October 2009

Vinegar


So, I was given a new brief this week - to research vinegar! I thought the lucky dip had failed me again, but I have since discovered that vinegar is used for a lot more than just a bit of flavour on our fish and chips! Not only are there lots of different kinds of vinegar ranging from rice to coconut, it is used for medicinal purposes and is pretty good at cleaning your dirty windows!

However what I think is good about this assignment I have been given is that I have no idea what the end product is going to be. I can look into the historical, cultural, nutritional and visual properties of this food. I can go off in tangents and record my ideas through sketches, photos, drawings and notes.

I have never worked like this before but I think it is a very interesting approach, and lets just hope that the things I discover prove useful for the next stage of the project!

1 comment:

  1. this is where mind maps come in handy... hint hint.

    When I was in York I took my friends to the Roman Baths museum and learnt something very "interesting", i.e. disgusting about vinegar-soaked sponges on sticks and Roman soldiers' toilet habits...

    ReplyDelete