Sunday 4 October 2009

Web Design

One of my projects is to create my own website which will contain my biography and portfolio. After researching various websites I have to say that I think simple designs work best. Many of the webpages I viewed used Flash, and I have to admit that I found myself becoming impatient whilst waiting for them to load. The main worry with sites such as this is that many people become bored and click of the site before it is loaded up. In the case of a portfolio site, this could be extremely damaging. If clients and indeed the public dont see your designs it will limit your chance of getting work.

Over the next few weeks I hope to learn how to create a website that is easy to use and navigate. One where the simple layout enhances the pieces of work which will be on display. Hopefully the simple design I intend to create is a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment