Tuesday 26 October 2010

Supermarket Sweep


Work has started on the Roses Student Creativity Awards Project. 12 agencies have each set a creative brief, students are allowed to choose 1 brief with the hope that their design will win them a work placement at a design agency.

After reading the 12 briefs I decided to choose number 4, a project entitled Supermarket Sweep! I am required to 'walk into any major supermarket. Choose a brand I don't like. Then rebrand, redesign and repackage it.'

So yesterday I went on a little trip to Tesco to try and find a product which I think needs redesigned. After searching up and down every aisle I have been able to narrow down a few possible products. In order to choose a product in the first place I was looking at items which are over packaged, hard to identify and products which are underselling themselves.

At the moment I am interested in redesigning Tesco's range of vitamins as I personally find it difficult to find the kind I am after. All the bottles look similar leaving the customer searching for the one they require. I also found an ink jet cartridge which was probably wrapped in plastic before being packaged in a box, then in protective plastic outer case. Even though these don't sound like the most exciting products I hope to come up with interesting approaches to make their design more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment