Monday 15 November 2010

Vitamin Packaging


I blogged previously about the Roses project, and how I was yet to decide whether to rebrand vitamins or ink cartridges. I have since decided to redesign vitamin packaging as I think they are often hard to identify and poorly package.

When I went to buy vitamins a few weeks ago, I struggled to find the one I needed as the type on the packaging is so small therefore one of the key areas I am going to focus on is clarity. I want the typography to be bold and clear, making the product easy to identify. This will also be helpful to older generations, whose sight may be impaired.

I would also like to rethink what the outer packaging looks like. I find that it isn't always easy to dispense one single vitamin tablet, and you often have to open a box then unscrew a bottle before you can even think about taking the tablet. So I have been looking into packaging that has a pouring spout, as well as the smint packaging which dispenses a single mint at a time. Perhaps this same concept could be applied to vitamin packaging, making it easier to use.

After speaking to my tutor I have also to start thinking about the promotion of this product. Unfortunately I haven't seen a lot of vitamin promotion in the past so will have to do a little research to see which methods have been used in the past. I think point of sale, magazine inserts or television adverts might be the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment