Thursday 11 November 2010

Nature Channel


For one of our projects this semester, we have been asked to create an ident for a television channel. We were all split into pairs, so that we each have a partner to work on the project with. I am working with Niki, and we decided that we wanted to design an ident for a nature channel. It was important for us to look into idents that already exist to gain some inspiration for our own project. We found an example of an ident on youtube which uses Adobe Flash. Neither of us have a great deal of knowledge or experience using this application so taking on this kind of work is challenging for both of us. After coming up with storyboards for our idents we got to work. We are working on individual idents so that we can have 2 or hopefully 3 completed for the deadline. The ident I am working on features flowers growing and a butterfly moving across the screen. Sounds simple, but it is proving very difficult! I have so far been able to make my flowers grow and the wings of my butterfly flutter, so progress has been made. I am hoping to animate my logo and apply sound to my ident within the next few weeks so I will keep you updated of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment