Sunday 20 September 2009

Little Black Book

I have been staring at the screen now for twenty minutes trying to come up with an interesting topic for my first blog. In order not to spend another twenty minutes trying I decided to use an idea listed in the Design Studies Handbook:

'find something in your room that evokes strong memories'

Whilst rummaging through my cupboards and drawers I found many possible items; certificates, CDs, items of jewellery and photographs. However the item that conjures up the most memories is a Little Black Book. It was given to me on my 21st birthday by my best friends. Flicking through the pages of this homemade present, provides the viewer with an entertaining look into my youth, with several snap shots of me in a range of dodgy outfits and wild hairstyles.

However despite the cringe worthy imagery this book really makes me think of all the good times I have had. Not only can I remember where and when these were taken I can also think of stories, songs and phrases associated with each and every snap shot.

As someone who has become camera shy over the years I fully intend to change this in order to have more fun memories that I can look back on in years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment